The main steps were:
- Basic infrastructure, insert underlines to misspelled words.
- Add the context menu, and have common code between GtkTextView and GtkEntry.
- Do not check the word currently typed. Ditto, have common code between GtkTextView and GtkEntry, to define the policy at only one place.
- Better word boundaries: take into account apostrophes and dashes.
- Take care of a few other details, like forcing to disable spell-checking when the GtkEntry is in password mode.
The fundraising has a second milestone with “Various Other Improvements”, which is currently at 17%, so I’ll do a few more small tasks. For example fixing bug #772406 (a unit test fails with aspell, while it works fine with hunspell, the kind of problems that arise when multiple backends can be used and work slightly differently) and what is described in bug #761921 comment #1 (a first possible step for a better Windows support).